I then created user cases from my research for me to base the first designs off of:
• Ran out of beers during your Sunday and can’t drive all the way to the liquor store (without getting a DUI)? Don’t let the party stop! Put in an order and we can bring the store to you!
• You and the girls don’t have the ingredients or the time to make your favorite margaritas? Have our bartenders make AND deliver them! (unfortunately, due to open container laws you will have to pour and rim them yourselves).
• Run out of whiskey or vodka? Keep your bar-cart full in 60 minutes or less! Just order your favorite bottle of spirits and we’ll bring it right to your door!
• Not sure what brew to buy? Put in what tastes you’re in the mood for and we’ll choose a local brew that fits your taste-buds for you! Craft beer can get pricey, but we will charge you a simple flat fee of $16 (+delivery fees) regardless of what brew you get!
• You just ordered a handle of Tito’s Vodka. Wouldn’t a moscow mule sound great? We suggest recipes based on what is in your barcart’s stash (as long as you ordered it with us).
As well as the user cases, I developed four personas that represent the users of the app; you can find them in my research book. The four types are the young party-goer, the sports fanatic, the woman who likes classy parties, and the craft-beer explorer.